Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 is a very cold and grey day so I wanted some comfort food...Favorite Slow-Cooker Meatloaf sounds great

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground unseasoned meatloaf mix.(I used 1 pound extra lean turkey 1/2 pound pork)

1 small onion chopped

1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell peppers chopped

1 egg white

3/4 cup of ketchup

1/2 cup bread crumbs(seasoned)

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

salt and pepper

1. Cover a wire rack small enough to fit in the slow cooker with foil; spray the foil with nonstick sray.  Combine the meat, onion, peppers, egg white, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepperin a large bowl.  Mix well and shape in to 5-9 loaf.  I used a bread pan to get the shape and then flipped it into the crock pot. 

2.  Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of ketchup over the meatloaf.  let cook for 3-4 hours on low or 6-8 hours on high.  Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 8 slices.


per 1 slice 192 cal and 8 grams of fat.

This is a very easy recipe however I dont get why I'm doing it in the crock pot and not just in the oven, I guess so that you can allow the fat to drip off only problem is I dont have a rack for my crock pot so I had to make one out of tin foil.(not fun).


well everyone enjoyed it especially Quinn, hope you do to 

No comments:

Post a Comment