Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 5 crab cakes

Maryland Crab Cakes with lemon Remoulade      

5 taablespoon fat-free mayonnaise

2 tablespoon choppped parsley(Celantro for me)

2 tablespoon minced shallots (I wondered what they are and the market lady said they are a cross between onion and garlic worth buying)

1 tablespoon dried capers (yum yum yum)

2 teaspoon grated lemon zest

Dash of hot pepper sauce (anyone who knows me well know it was franks-extra hot for today)

1 large egg lightly beaten

1 teaspoon dijon

1 teaspoon chesapeake Bay seasoning(celery seeds, paprika, cayenne and all spice)

1/2 teaspoon worcestershire

1 pound fresh, canned or thawed frozen crabmeat

1.  To make the remoulade combine 3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, celantro, shallots capers lemonzest, and franks in a small bowl and refrigerate.

2.  Combine the remainin 2 tablespooons mayo, egg, mustard, Bay seasoning, and worcestershire  while gently stirring in crabmeat.  Shape into 8 patties and set in fridge for 1/2 hour.

3. Spray pan cook over medium heat for 3 min on each side.

2 cakes and 2 tablespoons of dressing is 156 cal and 4 grams fat.

Well all in all a good meal, yet wouldnt do it again.  I used fresh crab and half of the patties did not end up as patties more like a giant pile of crab mush(ATE IT ANYWAY).  The remoulade sauce is amazing and would be to die for on a cooked piece of salmon.  The crab cakes were just enhhhh, for fresh crab it was $14 and in my opinion not really worth it order them in a resturant if you crave them.
Ps.  If one glass of wine is 2 points is a whole bottle frowned apon.  I say no but that could be because I am really happy after drinking half of that bottle.

Well 5 days and 6 recipes in tommorow will be me posting after I cook for 6 adults and 3 1/2 kids.  Looking forward to Sunday when Chris will be cooking a weight watcher brecky for the fam, cant wait.  OHH and DONNA I hate you I cant stop reading DAMNYOUAUTOCORRECT.COM

1 comment:

  1. I fully take the blame, that website is an addiction, sometimes we sit on the couch each with our own laptops trying not to pee our pants we are laughing so hard!!!
    Love shallots, hate cilantro with a passion - this recipe sounds great, but if it was that much work, zehrs sells a great version frozen in the fish aisle, lol!

    ReplyDelete